Tuesday, May 24, 2011

143/365: May 23

When I was 6 weeks old, I got my first piercings....... My ears, that way people could tell me and my twin sister apart. She had stars earrings, I had hearts (or vice versa.... obviously I can't remember) About the time middle school came around all I wanted was second holes. So at the lively age of 12 we got our second holes. When those were done we were told "no more piercings until you are 18". It was all fine and dandy... until the hugely popular cartilage piercing came into fashion........ EVERYONE was getting it done and nothing I could say or do would get my parents to say yes for me to get it. And not only it... but I still wasn't allowed to get anymore holes in my lobes.
Fast forward a few more years. 18 at last! So I decided to get 3 holes in one go... you know, be a little creative... be a little uneven... so I had 4 holes in one ear and 3 in the other. I was stylin.... lol.
Well, for some reason or another, after I turned 20, I let all the holes but the first ones pretty much close up. Every now and again I would shove a earring through the old hole... but usually took it out within a few days. Yesterday, I decided that I wanted 6 holes again... the back set for little balls, the middle group for hoops, and the front for whatever earrings I wanted to wear that day. Problem was?.. a couple of the holes were healed shut. Ha.. like that'd stop me. I called around to local piercing shops to see how much they charged. OMG...WAAAAY too much. (although I will be willing to spend it when Rebekah gets her ears pierced.. because I want hers done right) lol. So I had Jene' do it. And while I'm really grateful she did it, I'm sorry that I had to gross her out by making her feel the "pop" of the flesh when she put the needle through.

Anyways..... that's my story for the day. Now let's see if I can remember to post tonight! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment