Wednesday, April 27, 2011

117/365: Apr 27

Week 2 - Day 2.. Complete! And it went sooooo much better than day 1!! It makes me look forward to next week, and the next and the next. But while I'm in the middle of one the running segmants... I wonder "how the HECK am I going to manage {the set time for the next week}?!!?! But, I'm sure I'll do fine. And if not... I can re-do a day until I get it. Seeing as I'm someone with the personality that if I can't do it when I try, I'm done trying then and there..... it's a hard concept for me to grasp. BUT I'll never get anywhere near my goal for the 5k in June if I don't keep trying. So... all in all things are going well. Both me and Jene' feel that just doing 1 session each "run" day is.... let's say "not enough"... so we've been doubling up. I'm hoping that this will help us in the long run instead of somehow hurting us... but come on! We started the program with only 7 weeks before our run. So we are going to try to get the most out of it that we can!! :)

In addition to running jags (lol) I'm maintaining my walking on "rest" days. But now I'm also going to start incorporating core strengthening exercises and arm workouts to the list. And while it seems daunting right now, I REALLY hope I can keep it up and get in a groove where this is more of a lifestyle change than just a "fad".

So... after all my blah blah blah about myself, you might be wondering about the rest of my family? :)

Ben is starting to work out too. Every Wednesday at work is "Weigh in Wednesday" I guess they have a big commercial scale at the yard, and every... you guessed it... Wednesday, all the guys take turns weighing themselves. And since Ben's been working out he's gained 3-5 lbs. (for those who aren't that close to us... picture scrawny 30" waist-ed dude who's a little under 6' -->that's Ben for you. He's has the metabolism where he can sneeze and loose weight. So nearly 5 lbs is a big deal for him... LOL.

Rebekah... oh my what a handful. She's starting to realize (and use) her moods and sensitivity to add leverage to whatever it is she wants. In most cases it's very sweet... and other times I have to do my best to keep from laughing... but mostly I wonder to myself if there is a good way to discourage this... that way it doesn't get out of hand as she grows up.

Tommy... Well, it seems day by day he's getting more independent. I can't believe that I don't have a baby anymore. I mean... he will always be MY baby... but it's just not the same that he doesn't need me the same. That and he changes so much every day. He's starting to add more words and gestures and sounds to his vocabulary. And he is SO smart. But he also likes to push our buttons. Just so he can see just hooooooow far we will let him get away with something. I remember Rebekah doing it as well. Our little guy is just growing up!

Ok.. well, I think that's all I got for today. Hopefully tomorrow will be a grand day and I can bust out the camera to get some pictures of SOMEthing. But for tonight... I'm off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment