Tuesday, February 1, 2011

32/365: Feb 1

Ha! At last, the numbers don't match the date!... :)

In any case, it's amazing to me how quickly time is going by. As a mom, watching my kids grown up... learning and experiencing new things every day. I seriously wonder if Tommy, being a boy, is learning some of the more physical things (crawling, walking, climbing, etc) a lot faster than Rebekah did.... or is time is just speeding that much out of my control. Being who I am, I wouldn't want time to stand still... that just gets boring. But it does seems like in just a few quick blinks of my eyes, these kids.. my babies... are going to be ready to start school. And with one fast turn around they'll be graduating, and before I know it they might very well be off and married and starting families of their own. The thought is daunting... So I will do my best to cherish and enjoy the time I have with them now. No matter how short it is, or how fast it goes by.

Thomas is doing so well with walking now. It's almost as if steps are replacing crawls at an alarming rate. And just this afternoon, I caught him doing something that made my breath hitch... until I saw how much he enjoyed it, and the obvious skill he used to get from one chair to the other. :) My little climbing master....

No comments:

Post a Comment