Tuesday, February 8, 2011

39/365: Feb 8

Quite devastating to me.... my camera fell off the counter in my dining room and broke. So this means no more picture a day for awhile. I will still try to blog every day though.

I am crushed right now. And while, yes, it is only a material thing... and it's easily (so some say) replaceable... My camera is a huge part of my life, and the basis of my current hopes and dreams of becoming a photographer for the area where I live. I've called around to get quotes on how much it would cost to fix... while there's usually a $25-$50 estimation fee.... (that's the charge for them to JUST look at the camera) I've been told that it is highly unlikely that the repairs would be less than $200. And even though $200 is far "cheaper" than buying a new body.... I've also been told that the repair may not fix all the problems...
So, it looks like I need to hope, pray, scrounge, and save for a new body. I don't know how fast this will happen... right now I have to wait till Ben gets home so I can talk to him about our options. (One of those options being... My fabulous sister has offered to buy me a new body outright.. and I'll pay her back as I can)

But we shall see.... we shall see.......

No comments:

Post a Comment