Thursday, February 17, 2011

48/365: Feb 17

so for (an early) Christmas present, my wonderful sister got me a photo editing program...
So far I have been totally intimidated and haven't used it for much other than cropping and making a few collages... BUT. If I am going to continue to advance and shmow (yes... that's a very technical word here in Whittney-land) in photography... I had better learn to use it.
NOW... I am the type of person who has a love hate relationship with imaging software. In my opinion, a photo should be taken correctly in the camera... You (I rather) don't take a mediocre picture and say "I'll make this excellent in "photoshop". I find the best way to go about taking pictures is to take an excellent photo and *enhance* it using software.... because let's face it.... we all have bad skin days... and there are any number of environmental and creative factors that go into making a masterpiece... SO! Back to the point... tonight I tried my hand at editing a couple pictures I took of the kids. My goal was to clean up the blimishes.... add a little bit of softness and call it good. And I think I achieved that while still keeping the photo looking "natural".... or at least I think so.




Any creative critiques from the peanut gallery??

No comments:

Post a Comment