Friday, February 25, 2011

55/365: Feb 24

So... I had my blog for today (last night, rather as I am writing this morning) all planned out. I just had to find the time to get it "out there"..... and then spontaneity changed the course of my evening and I totally lost track and forgot to post... so here we are. And after rambling a bit, I remembered my topic. YES!

When Rebekah was younger.... I seriously wondered if and when she would talk. It seemed like all the kids her age were already making progress by leaps and bounds, and all my little girl could say was a handful of words. Well, right around the time she was 18 months (also the time that Tommy was born) her vocabulary took off! It wasn't long before she was talking better than most of her companions.
(I don't say this as the prejudiced mom either, I've have a lot of people positively comment on her speech abilities)

Now... fast forward about a year. Rebekah can hold a real, full conversation with just about anyone... but her most favorite person to talk to is her brother. And now Tommy is starting to talk and me being the concerned parent, started wondering if he was being a little delayed in the speech area.... (he says "hi" "bye" and that's really kinda it)

Well it was really awesome. When I talk to Tommy, I enunciate words such as.. "Do you want the bAll?" "Are you dOOOne?" that kinda thing. Okay so, picture this...... Rebekah and Tommy are playing and she said something to him (I can't remember what it was now)... and then she said "say it like this ________________" and whatever the word was she totally enunciated it for him!

I guess after all that jumbled mess of words and thoughts.... my whole point for this post is that it really is wonderful to see the kids not only playing together... but working together and helping each other.

OH the joys of motherhood!!!





Oh...... and if you are wondering what it was that I did that totally "threw off" my evening... well, I went and got my nose re-pierced. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment