Sunday, July 17, 2011

198/365: July 17

Mostly Good Sunday.
Went to church. Washed some vehicles. Got some rain. Visited with a beloved cousin. Hung out with our Ne'. And a fair good amount of relaxing.

The huge down side of the day was mom getting a call right after church.... I guess our great grandma is not doing well at all..... so poorly in fact, they (mom, Bri, & Aunt Tish) don't know if they will make it "home" -- Minnesota-- in time. And while Grandma Mable just celebrated her 99th Birthday, I still thought I would get to see her again. We were going to make a family vacation to go out there next year for her 100th birthday... looks like it's not going to happen. And I don't want to be on the side wishing she could just hold on for one more year. Grandma is old. And she (obviously) is having a lot of health issues. And I, for one, wouldn't want her to struggle and suffer through another whole year just for me.... But I am fairly devastated that I haven't been able get back to Minnesota to visit since 2004. Even more sad that she has not been able to meet 2 of her great grandchildren.

So for now.... my thoughts and prayers are with my family who are out there. My Great-grandma. Her daughters (my grandma and her sister). My Mom and her sister. And the rest that will be aching with the loss (soon) of an amazing woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment