Tuesday, March 29, 2011

88/365: Mar 29

KNITTING ADVENTURES.....

For the longest time I have wanted to learn how to knit... since before Rebekah was born, actually. And all I really want to know how to knit is a simple, easy, durable wash rag to use in the kitchen. Well.... today was the day I decided to REALLY sit down and get to learning.

Now.... my tendency is to be a perfectionist at nearly everything.... And knitting, takes a LOT of patience. Because a person has to learn, not only how to do the stitches... but also how to hold the needles, how to hold the yarn, how to keep proper tension.... etc. And being a perfectionist... every time I mess up, I want to quit. So for my "project" tonight, i just decided to do basic 10 stitched and rows..... Row after row... And it's not pretty. It's not perfect... but I'm learning. So in no time (I say optimistically) I will be knitting wonderful kitchen rags... and who knows, maybe someday I will venture into knitting other stuff too!!! :)

First attempt... Didn't get very far...
5th or 6th attempt... it's late, I'm tired... I'm going to rip it all out and start over tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment