Thursday, June 30, 2011

180 & 181/365: June 29-30

Yesterday was good. Ended with cutting Tyler's hair and having him over for supper. Meaning late night and no blog.

Today was good as well... Took the kids to the park first thing this morning. Met a nice lady and her 2 kids... became "facebook friends"... we'll see if anything comes of it. :)

With playing so hard in the morning, both kids took a late morning nap. So I got to be lazy and read for awhile. Then cleaned up the house before our infamous and hit or miss Family Dinner Night with the Cantu''s. But before they got here, Jene' came over because she wanted a ride in the new truck. After we were all loaded up and backed into the driveway, it started to hail. And -hello.. new truck- since I didn't want any dings or dents I pulled her back into the garage. The storm lasted a good 20 minutes. And I'm thankful for it!




nasty little hail...
After the rain slowed back down and all sign of hail was gone we headed out to Huachuca City and back. Let's just say (and I can say because she told me so) Jene''s a mite jealous of our new purchase. And it got the wheels turning in her head that maybe... just maybe she can afford to make payments on a vehicle which means she can get her Jeep (sooner) rather than saving and waiting for the "someday" that might never happen.
I for one hope that she's able to find a Jeep with all the bells and whistles that she wants for a good bargain so she can become a Jeep owner rather than a Jeep Dreamer. ♥

Back to dinner. Fun, fellowship, friends. Three wonderful things that encompassed our evening. Erin made yumm-o enchiladas for my belated birthday dinner. And we made tentative plans for both our families to hit up the lake next weekend. I can't wait!! :)

So..... because I want to... here's a few (better) pictures of the truck.
{come on... this is the most exciting thing to happen for us in awhile... we have NEVER financed a vehicle.... and all the ones we have bought have been over a decade old!! So bear with me until my excitement wears down. ;) Which may be awhile because, honestly, I'm still a little stunned when I see my "sexy little truck" sitting in the garage.}






the tail lights are going to be the 1st things to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment