Monday, May 31, 2010

A long weekend

It has definitely been a busy weekend! By chance of things that are... we ended up with a 5 day weekend. (Ben didn't have to go to work Thursday, Friday, or today (Monday))
And we have been going-going-going for all of it! 

Thursday was the high school graduation for my cousin, Kayla. So a lot of my family came down from various places. Thursday afternoon was spent with the family catching up with each other. 
Friday we spent the day watching our friends' 2 children while they went to Tucson. It was fun and a lot easier than I was thinking it would be, but it reinforces the fact that I do NOT want to have 4 kids of my own that close in age. But we kept the kids busy playing with toys, playing outside in the sandbox, coloring, and swimming.We also chose this day to give Tommy his first haircut (well, buzz really). I think it is adorable!!  Friday night was a BBQ at my grandparent's house. Let's just say a lot of people + good ribs= a fun night. 
Saturday was another day of excitement at my grandparent's house. I took the kids over there while Ben stayed home and painted our bathroom. (And by the way.... I LOVE my bathroom now! It's Dallas Cowboy themed and it's awesome.) That night's menu was "Earl" steak and baked potatoes. Yum Yum. 
Now onto Sunday... we spent a much more low key and relaxing day at Ben's parents' place. Rebekah, who last summer was terrified of pools and small bodies of water in general, pretty much wants to live in her bathing suit now. If there is water nearby, she wants to be in it! : ) 
And now we're at Monday. For the most part we are staying home and doing the housework that we've put off all weekend. That and Ben still has to do a few finishing touches to the bathroom. So I guess I should get off this computer and get back to the grindstone. After all, the kids will only nap so long.... and it is a lot easier to clean without them right there to mess it up again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment