Thursday, June 3, 2010

I love to cook....

But I am not a gourmet chef by any means. I have to say that my favorite "cookbook" is not a book at all. There are so many awesome recipes that can be found online. My current "project" is finding something to do with all the apricots that the tree in our back yard is producing. Right now, I have an experiment of apricot leathers in the oven. (In case you don't know what that is... it's pretty much a homemade fruit roll-up). I am looking forward to trying them out once they are done baking!! And next on my agenda is an apricot pie.
I've only made one pie in my life, and that one turned out mediocre.... so I'm hoping for better results the next time around!! Maybe next year I will get really brave and try my hand at making preserves... but we will see.
After the apricots come the peaches.... now peaches, they are MY favorite! I'll have to find something extra special to do with those!!
But until then... I need to go check on the oven!
Bon Appetite!
 

2 comments:

  1. ooooh ooooh ooooh, not to shoot down yer dream... but apricot cobbler is soooo much better than a pie.... you should make me one of thoses since yers the only one i know with apricot tree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. We're outta apricots.
    Might do that when the peaches come ripe.... but I dunno that I like you enough to make one just for you.... We'll see though. : )

    ReplyDelete