Tuesday, January 4, 2011

4/365: Jan 4

Today I did what I consider my noble and hero-ish duty. :o)
I donated blood. I started when I was 18. I have O- blood, which is a super universal blood type (meaning just about anyone can accept my blood type) and I like to think I've had a part in saving lives. I actually took around a 3 year break from donating... what with being pregnant and breastfeed two times.... BUT I am glad to be back in the swing of things. So from now on, every 60 days or so... I'm hoping to find a blood drive so I can continue to be a hero to the unknown.

"Rock and Roll up your sleeve"


Oh! And a perk from today's drive. We got free t-shirts... AND each person that donated was included in a drawing for a trip for 2 to Las Vegas!!! Here's to hoping!!! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment