Friday, January 21, 2011

21/365: Jan 21

Ever since I found out I was pregnant for the second time, I dreamed of the day I could get a "mothers" ring.... A pretty little ring with the birthstones of my babies. I was told, "You should wait until you KNOW you are done having kids to get one." And while that is probably good advice, I don't see a problem with getting one now. Even if I have more kids later on down the road... that doesn't take away from me being a mom right now. I mean, come on..... I can always get another ring later "if" we have more kids. Right!?   (right!!)

That being said.... I found the perfect ring for me. And even more exciting to me was that it wasn't just a mothers ring. It was a "family" ring. An Irish claddagh with a band for birthstones beneath it.

The only "downer"... if you can call it that.... is that the design HAD to have 7 stones. There are only 4 of us (right now, anyway)... but it was not a problem for me. I just decided to place a clear, Australian Crystal in between each birthstone. So we have a March stone for Ben, 2 June stones for Me and Rebekah, and a January stone for Tommy.

I really like how it turned out. And who knows... if it holds up as well as "fine jewelry" is supposed to... "if" we decide to try and have more kids, I should be able to take this ring to a jeweler and see if they can make/replace/whatever needs to be done to the stones to incorporate any changes that are needed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment