Thursday, January 13, 2011

13/365: Jan 13

6 years ago, was the start of a whole new world for me. I was getting ready to start my second semester at Pima CC. Work was going good. And I had this guy who was a really great guy friend that (after 3 years of friendship) I was talking with and becoming closer to every day. We had a slightly complicated relationship being friends, but that didn't matter. In the wee early morning hours of Jan 13, while talking and getting ready to head our respective ways we had a monumental discussion. (well, that might be a little dramatic, but this is my story)
You see, he had fairly recently gone through a rough breakup with his ex and he wasn't looking to get involved with anyone... but he couldn't shake the feeling that God has brought us together to be more than friends. So, on that night he decided to take a chance and go against what he wanted.... and asked my  to be his girl. Within a month we knew we were in love with each other. By Thanksgiving we were engaged. And the following June, I married my Love, and my best friend.

I am so thankful for the man God placed in my life. For the shy teenage guy I met on the Brazil mission team. The friend who cared more than I ever imagined. And the guy who fell in love with me and wanted my love in return. I am so thankful for the past we have together and the future we are going to make. I love my husband!!

No comments:

Post a Comment