Friday, April 9, 2010

Learning....

I am amazed at how much and how fast Rebekah is learning new things. It seems everyday she has a new word added to her vocabulary... and sometimes I wonder where she heard the words she says. Even more so, her early words are starting to become more understandable. For instance, when she first learned what a cat says, it was "eowm" now she says "meow". 

And with how much she is learning it makes me think, somewhat warily, about the daunting task ahead that is homeschooling. That is one of the things Ben and I agreed on before we had kids... we (meaning I) would at least try home school, and if it doesn't work out then we will find a private Christian school for the kids to be enrolled in. And that said, I think it would be extremely exciting to home school our kids. It's just the early years that make me squirm. [{I don't know how to teach!}] Especially not the basics of phonics and reading. BUT! Many women have done it before me, and I am sure I can do it too. And if I get stuck, Ben's mom can help me (she has home schooled 8 kids!) and I can also get the help of my friend Erin, who is homeschooling her daughter right now.

But all in all... this is something I will not have to worry too much about for a few more years. That doesn't mean I can't start some form of preschool at home, but still... I don't think she is quite ready for that either. I'm in no hurry to have my little girl (or guy) grow up too fast. They can enjoy these next few years just growing and learning in and about the world as they know it.

Oh, and just to add a little excitement to this post... 
This is what happens when a toddler finds Mommy's makeup :)

No comments:

Post a Comment