Thursday, September 2, 2010

Vacation time!!!

Grand Canyon- June 2006

It's Labor Day weekend coming up. And we are going to get out of "Dodge" this last BIG weekend of the summer. Ever since we went to Yosemite in May, we've been looking forward to going to another National Park. This time we will be returning (Well, Ben and I will be returning) to the Grand Canyon. This will, obviously, be a first for Rebekah and Thomas.... as well as my sister.
Jene' has lived in Arizona all of her 24 years, and has never been to the Grand Canyon, while all the rest of us siblings have at one time or another. We decided to let her tag along with us on our adventure. Plus, it's always nice to have a extra hand dealing with the kids in the back seat on a long road trip. So... I'm hoping this will be a GRAND adventure (pun intended) and I hope we all have a lot of fun!
Me personally, I am looking forward to taking TONS of pictures. The last time we went was for my and Ben's honeymoon. I didn't have a very good camera, and I didn't know many "rules" about taking pictures. My one goal is to get a good panorama of the canyon to maybe print out and hang above the couch at home. And I have a mini goal of maybe getting a good family portrait that we can send out in Christmas cards this holiday season. We will see how it all turns out.
Above all, I know I am going to enjoy spending time with my family, and sharing with them the beauty that God has created in our little part of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment