Friday, July 9, 2010

Splish Splash

Some of my all time favorite memories from my childhood revolve around the pool at my grandma Beth's house. It is an nice big L shaped pool, but the best part is that it is indoors!!! We were able to swim when it was hot outside, and we never had to worry about sunburn. We swam when it was raining, hailing, and we even swam in the middle of winter when it was snowing... *gotchya!* It never really snows here, but it does get cold enough in the winter where you wouldn't want to swim in an unheated outdoor pool!!
{Now.... I'm hoping I can find a picture of me playing in the pool when I was younger... It will go here}

Now that I have kids of my own, I want them to have the same fond memories about that big ol' pool at Gramma Beth's house. In the past 2 weeks, I've taken the kids over there three times. Last year, Rebekah would just about scream bloody murder when the door to the pool room got opened... Now she get's all excited when asked if she wants to swim. Her usually response is: "Go a-simmin in GG's poo". Thomas is still quite the novice, pool wise, but when he gets put in that little yellow infant tube, his legs just start a-kickin! He loves it!!
We will see what happens over the course of the summer, but I am hoping to get the kids over to GG's and in the pool at least once a week from here on out! That's a lot of wrinkly toes!! :-)
Love for now,

No comments:

Post a Comment